Thomas A. Leupp
Thomas Leupp is a highly experienced trial lawyer with a proven record of not guilty verdicts in cases from driving under the influence (DUI) to death penalty murder cases and three strikes. He has more than 30 years of experience defending accused persons in all types of criminal and juvenile matters, including homicide and three strikes.
He is a State Bar Certified Specialist In Criminal Law, handling criminal defense matters exclusively.
He is Listed in Best Lawyers in America and the Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, as well as Northern California Super Lawyers.
He is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America, and was named Best Lawyers' 2013 Criminal Defense "Lawyer of the Year" for the Sacramento region.
He is Past President of the Placer County Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense Law
- Drug Crimes
- Driving While Intoxicated
- White Collar Crime
- California, 1978
- U.S. Federal Court, 1978
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1977
- University of California, Davis, Davis, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1973
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Placer County Bar Association, Member, 1978 - Present
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Member, 1982 - Present
- California Public Defenders Association, Member, 1978 - Present
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Director, Board of Governors, 1989 - Present
- Placer County Bar Association, President, 1987 - Present